How do you recover deleted text messages from an iPhone?
There can be several reasons why you want to recover iPhone text messages. You probably need to free up some storage space on your iPhone. Maybe you’re just a neat freak and you’ll delete all your old text messages. But now you’ve deleted the important text with your newborn niece’s photo or instructions for your friend’s party, and you need to return it.
The good news is that if you’ve backed up your iPhone regularly, you can restore the deleted text. The bad news is that you may need to delete some of your other information to do so.
iCloud backups are a great way to recover deleted text messages from an iPhone. If you regularly back up your iPhone to iCloud, you should be able to use this method to get deleted messages back. you can set iCloud backups to run automatically so you don’t even have to think about them.
Here are the key steps you can follow:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap your name at the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Scroll down and select iCloud Backup.
- Check that your phone has been backed up recently (just in case).
- Go back to the main Settings menu.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and select “Reset.”
- Choose “Erase all Content and Settings.”
- In the screen that opens, click Delete Now.
- It takes a few minutes to restore the iPhone to factory settings. You will then be greeted on the first welcome screen of your iPhone. Go through the first steps.
- On the Applications and Data screen, click “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- You need to sign in to iCloud to use your backups. In the list of iCloud backups, select the backup you want to restore, each dated. Select the most recent backup that had text on your phone.